The TRANSVISIBLE project is funded by the European Commission under the Erasmus + programme and will run for two years, ending in September 2020.
The project is carried out by a strategic partnership formed by 5 organizations from 4 European regions (Catalonia – Spain, Ireland, Germany and Hungary), and leaded by Fundació Surt. The partner organizations provide complementary experiences and approaches for the development of the project.
TRANSVISIBLE proposes, through the exchange of good practices at European level, to develop innovative materials of wide diffusion that gather these experiences and multiply their impact in diverse territorial contexts.
Specifically, the project aims to sensitize professionals in the field of career and training guidance, in order to promote the design of personalized support programs for trans women in their empowerment processes, especially in the economic and occupational sphere.
Necessarily, this sensitization goes together with awareness-raising on the prevention and detection of violations of rights of LGBTI people in the workplace and the promotion of measures that guarantee the right to equal treatment and opportunities of this group, including the intermediation with companies, in order to ensure effective and lasting labour insertion processes.
Likewise, the focus of the project is based on the need to act from integrative approaches that impact on three areas that are closely connected:
- The visibility of trans women, valuing their talents and identities;
- Action on the labour context (awareness-raising) to eradicate transphobic practices and guarantee the exercise of the rights of LGBTI people;
- The empowerment of trans women to strengthen their agency capacities to face a highly hostile and discriminatory context.
The Strategic Partnership of the TRANSVISIBLE project will obtain the following outcomes:
- A EUROPEAN MUTUAL LEARNING SEMINAR in Berlin with the participation of representatives from different organizations and services across Europe.
- GUIDE for professionals in national languages, with recommendations for the design of career guidance programs and intermediation with companies for trans women.
- NATIONAL and 1 INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS to disseminate the project results and products.
- A MODEL to provide support to trans women, adapted to the specific geographical contexts in 4 European regions.
The project intends that partner organizations that offer career counselling services directly integrate innovative and more effective work methodologies in their daily activities and, thereby, increase their effectiveness in terms of social and labour inclusion for trans women, as well as their empowerment and upward mobility.
Likewise, associations, private and public services, policy makers or any other stakeholders that develop training programs for adult education and career guidance will have free access to the products created within TRANSVISIBLE project. The application of the recommendations and methods developed is expected to increase the economic empowerment and the social and labour inclusion of trans women.